Macro Express Forums
jwillard

Installing Using PowerShel

I am trying to install Macros Express 5 using PowerShell to deploy to multiple users. I added a .txt document with all the custom options added to it and named it MEProSetup.txt.

INSTALLPATH=C:\Program Files\Macro Express
STARTUP=N
LAUNCHNOW=N
QUICKSTARTNOW=N
WHATSNEWNOW=N
REBOOT=N
LICENSENAME=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
LICENSECODE=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
NOEDITOR=N
NOHELP=N
NOICONS=N
RUNQUIET=Y

When I run the command Execute-Process -Path 'MacExp5.exe' -Parameters "/S /M=$dirFiles\MEProSetup.txt" In a Powershell script is ends up installing the default properties.

Edited by kevin
Do not post your License Name and License Code. Because this was posted in a public forum your license information will be invalidated. Please contact Insight Software Solutions for a new license.

Sounds odd. I had two clients that I had automated installers for using the facilities in MEP but that was long ago. Do you get the same results if you do the same tings from a batch file?

Never tried a batch file because I wanted to avoid having to create another file. I know seems laziness, but trying to just simplify the process. The script is utilizing the AppDeployToolKit program being widely used in corporate environments. Do you have an example of a .bat file that could be used?

I'm sorry, no. That was a long time ago. But the documentation in the help file should be adequate.