Macro Express Forums
Sebastian42

How to activate Snipping Tool's NEW tool

Assuming the snipping tool is the active window, this should work:

Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT>n

If the snipping tool is open but not active, you may have to do something like this:

Window Activate: Snipping Tool

Delay: 250 milliseconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT>n

FYI it recently changed to Snip & Sketch recently. You might want to upgrade before you do anything else. 

Acantor - 'ALT n' - of course ! I must have had a senior's moment ( I'm nearly 78) !

Sad to say, your code did not turn the mouse cursor into a selection tool, as I expect from clicking on New.

For what it is worth - I was NOT notified of your reply; luckily I had recorded the URL of this page, and so got to see your post.

You don't need a macro to launch Snip & Sketch.  The KB shortcut Win + Shift + S opens it directly and displays four options for selecting your screenshot.

I have looked at Snip & Sketch and found it less appropriate for my use than Snippingtool. There may be other instances where it is better.  In the meantime, i would REALY like to be able to run Snippingtool in a macro. 

I've discovered the useful error message at the bottom of the script page; and been able to make progress by BROWSING for the parameters of a program launch, rather than typing them in.