Macro Express Forums

Can't Launch SnippingTool

I recommend you use ME Pro’s excellent Help to understand this sort of very basic stuff.
Here’s an extract:

Copy Command Text - (Script Editor Only) 
Highlight one or more lines of the macro script. Then click on Edit | Copy Command Text. This option copies the lines of script to the Windows clipboard. Paste the script into another application and the contents are displayed shown in the Script Editor. 

Typically the contents display in a macro format similar to the Direct Editor script when copying the script to the clipboard and pasting. Use the Copy Command Text function to display the contents exactly as they are shown in the Script Editor

Did you also try to import and run the macro?

9 hours ago, amonaghan said:

I think Terry means you need only copy from the following line: - 

<COMMENT Value="Open the Start/Search box"/>

Alan

Ok, got it.  I nee now the code above isn't code its just a text outline? btw I plugged it in and it works

On 5/15/2020 at 6:50 AM, terrypin said:

Hover over each and read what they do: Rectangular, Window, Freeform, and Full Screen. Just the same as using the Mode button in the old Snipping Tool.

I assume you are saying you definitely want to remain with the old, unsupported tool called Snipping Tool, so that you can immediately save to a chosen location as before? If so then the following macro works for me:

// Open the Start/Search box
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <WIND>
Delay: 0.1 seconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <WINU>
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): Snipping Tool
Delay: 0.5 seconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ENTER> // This opens the highlighted entry from your Search, which should by default be 'Snipping Tool'.
Wait for Window Title: Snipping Tool
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT>n // Select 'New'
// Now proceed manually as advised, i.e. select and then save your target.

<COMMENT Value="Open the Start/Search box"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<WIND>"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="0.1"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<WINU>"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="Snipping Tool"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="0.5"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ENTER>" _COMMENT="This opens the highlighted entry from your Search, which should by default be 'Snipping Tool'."/>
<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="Snipping Tool" Partial="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="TRUE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="0"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ALT>n" _COMMENT="Select 'New'"/>
<COMMENT Value="Now proceed manually as advised, i.e. select and then save your target."/>

It Works! Thanks. Of course it does, I just wasn't sure I'd be the right part of it in the editor (-:

ps well, it worked for awhile, now I get a lot of data and not clip option.  What happened?

On 5/15/2020 at 6:50 AM, terrypin said:

snip macro.JPG

Invest a little time learning some basics, both about ME Pro and using this forum.

In particular, learn how to quote messages. With text, using the Quote tool, not screenshots. I’ve no idea what your latest post is meant to show us.

Perhaps others with more patience will step in, but as they say on ‘Dragons Den’, I’m out!

On 5/17/2020 at 10:20 PM, terrypin said:

Invest a little time learning some basics, both about ME Pro and using this forum.

In particular, learn how to quote messages. With text, using the Quote tool, not screenshots. I’ve no idea what your latest post is meant to show us.

I"m sorry about the quote issue. I did comment regarding my confusion on the matter and that while I have not figured out the + (multiple quotes) option I had figured out how to work around that confusion by using the Quotes icon above to make multiple quotes. 

The simple "Quote" option is a no brainer but I refer to parse messages that contain multiple points because it makes it easier for those who are reading it and avoids confusion.  As I indicated, I usually use HTML code to create multiple quotes but that does not appear to be an option. I will look for the forum tutorial and see if I can learn how that option works.

Regarding the attached image. That image was a screenshot showing the data page that displayed when I ran the macro. I'm not sure how else I could have explained what I was getting when I ran the macro, except with a screenshot.  What would you have suggested I do instead?  Frankly I think if you had examined that shot, carefully, you would have recognized it because it is what you get when you want to see "details" about a webpage.  It is not something I understand but it is something I have stumbled onto many times and simply click the "X" to make it go away.  I just didn't know what was triggering it.

But it's a moot point as, after I rebooted my machine it started working again; go figure.  I had decided that if rebooting didn't work I would repaste the code and start over. 

I sincerely apologize for trying your patients.  I made every effort to express myself clearly and concisely; which is why I like to use Multiple Quotes and why I post images; such as the screen shot I included in my post.

I don't wish to test the patients of those who are trying to help me here, which is why I try very hard to be clear. Because if my questions are unclear, or poorly stated people will avoid my posts and I don't want that to happen.  It is also why I always tick off the icons that show appreciation for the help I get and why I respond to that help with a thank-you.   

I don't want to appear unappreciative or wear out my welcome. 

OK, pleased to see you appear to have now got the hang of it 😉

BTW, I never had an answer my question about the macro I exported? That would have avoided your difficulty with understanding what to paste. (Although it would admittedly have required learning how to import!)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, terrypin said:

I never had an answer my question about the macro I exported? 

I didn't address the question because I  felt the simplest option was to paste, arguably not the best choice but the one I went with.  And yes, I would have had to do some reading, but I didn't want to get into the weeks, I just wanted to get the macro working. Again, in hindsight importing might have been the better option. Next time I take that route.

Thanks again for your help, it saved the day.