Macro Express Forums

Correcting a non-fatal error

Recently a Macro Express icon has been appearing in the Task Bar - and also  the error message as in the appended pic. When I close the error message, the Macro Express icon disappears from the Task Bar.  So I infer that something about the workings of Macro Express has offended Windows. How can I prevent the error message from appearing ?

MacroExpress.JPG

Random thoughts:

It sounds like something is corrupt, do a memory test. Perform a ScanDisk. Do a SFC

Ensure you have the most recent version of MEP, 6.1.3.1. Maybe reinstall it. 

Contact ISS support

You can try running MEP as an administrator, but I doubt it will make a difference. 

Temporarily disable and security software. 

What is your macro doing? Perhaps disable parts of the offending macro to determine which part of it is causing the error. 

If you don't know which macro is running, then enable logging. Also you can look at the last run time in the Macro Explorer. 

There is known issue with the Terminate Process command when running on Windows 10. This issue has been fixed and will be included in the next release of Macro Express 5 and Macro Express Pro 6. If you would like a test version of Macro Express containing the fix let us know via our Report a Bug page.