Macro Express Forums

Window 10 Pro, Open Desktops

Is there a control or macro that allows you to open the different desktops that's available in Window 10 pro? Currently I use the "Task View" button that is available on the TaskBar. What I would like to do is create a macro that can load a program onto the DeskTop. I might want to load Excel on Desktop2 and CintaNotes onto DeskTop3, as an example. Than I need to create a separate macro that can take me to the DeskTop2 or DeskTop 3 or which ever is needed. Like-Open DeskTop2. The big thing is loading to a Desktop.

Bob

WIN+Ctrl+Right or Left - Very Handy. I will differently be using this a lot. But when using a macro I will have to drop a program onto the proper desktop, I need to tell MEP which DeskTop to use. This is key to my issue with DeskTops and Macros.

Thanks, Samrae,  for opening another Window for me.

Bob

You probably know this but you can also use the Win+Tab to get to the task/timeline view where you can assign apps to desktops, switch desktops, and such. 

Cory, I might have a workaround using Samrae solution of WIN+Ctrl+Right or Left . If I do several WIN+Ctrl+Left I should be on the far left desktop, DeskTop1. Now that I know I'm on DeskTop1 I can use the same keys, WIN+Ctrl+Right to get to DeskTop2, 3 or what ever.

I will not be able to use Win+Tab because it gives me absolutely no control, as I see it. It does give me the ability to move my programs around and also close them but that's about it. I wish they would have figured a way to get you onto the actual desktop that they display on top. As it is right now I can do is click. But it does seem like MEP is going get me my results.

Bob

• 1 month later...