Macro Express Forums

Copying Multiple Items To Clipboard

hank

Hey Everyone.

I'm new to Macro Express and have begun experimenting with creating my own macros. I'm trying to figure out a way to copy multiple items to the clipboard (similar to how MS Office allows you to paste 12 objects to the clipboard). Does anyone know the commands to do this?

To clarify, what I want to do is to use hotkeys such as "Ctrl" + "1" to copy to clipboard 1, "Ctrl" + "2" to copy an item to clipboard 2 and then use "Alt" +1" to paste object 1. For the life of me, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hank.

Hank,

Have you tried copying the text immediately from the clipboard into a variable? Then the restore command could restore it from the variable, rather than worry what the clipboard had been changed to.

The macro at Ctl-1 woud copy the text to the clipboard, then save it to variable T1, and the Alt-1 macro would type the contents of variable T1, regardless of what had happened to the clipboard in the meanwhile.

Hope this helps,