Macro Express Forums

Excel to Autocad - batch

Looks simple enough to create in MEP. Do you understand how to create the lines in MEP?

Can you edit attributes also? 

Are the blank line you hitting the Enter key to accept a default? You might consider typing in the values explicitly if so in case any of them are 'sticky'. By that I mean remembering  your last selection. Because someday you might choose something different in one of those and hose yourself when you later run the script.

What options do you have to run a script in that program? I was skimming this article and a script can be run from the command line. But if there's any other options, check those out.

Assuming the SCRIPT command can only be run from the command line, I'd have MEP focus the command line control and send text to it to run the script. 

Do you have experience with the Windows Controls commands? Some find the concept difficult to understand at first, but it's the best way to do things in MEP. Many people here avoid them, but in this case it's going to be hard to make sure the command line control is focused after the script runs and it is probably difficult to do that without. 

In BrisCAD start the Get Control command and click the Launch Utility. In the Capture Window Control box click the little purple crosshairs and drag it around your BrisCAD. See if when you hover over the command line box if it gets it's own highlighted red box around it. 

Or try this... 

Create a macro that focuses the BricsCAD window then types a letter. If the letter ends up in the command box every time, then there's no need to use controls. But try different states of BricsCAD first. Like try being in the drawing space, menus, or whatever before execution of the macro. 

Sorry, but I don't have the application so I don't know what it takes to get to the command line control in BricsCAD. 

Great. Then simply add the command to focus the window, execute the script command in the command window, then delete the script file. You will want a delay in there I think so that the deletion happens after the script has been read by BricsCAD, but not necessarily executed.