Macro Express Forums

Scheduled macro activated an hour early

I've always assumed that when using scheduled activation I could rely on using the time correctly set in the date/time icon at the right of my taskbar. If that matches my watch within one minute then I'm happy.

But an alarm I set this morning is being activated an hour early. I assume the alarm will stop triggering an hour early too, as logic suggests. That would obviously be very worrying if I hadn't become aware of it.

Sound File: Alarm-Beeps.wav
Text Box Display: Alan Smith

<SOUND FILE File="C:\\Users\\terry\\Sounds\\Sound Effects\\Alarm-Beeps.wav" Wait="FALSE" _PROMPT="0x0007"/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Alan Smith" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\qc\\b\\f0\\fs72 Alan Smith\\b0\\f1\\fs20 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="390" Top="485" Width="783" Height="421" Monitor="0" OnTop="TRUE" Keep_Focus="FALSE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>

Terry

AlarmDateError.jpg

Thanks for testing Alan. I assume it was set for a few hours ahead and did not trigger an hour earlier?

My result sounds strangely like your other tool, as we are of course currently in summer time, GMT plus 1.

Terry

15:10, 7th July.

I don't have time to test at the moment nut there's mention of GMT here and a one hour difference. Please remember that GMT and UTC have no daylight saving time. Someone in the UK might be picking GMT instead of BT (British Time), which this time of year will be BST (British Summer Time). BST is UTC/GMT+1.

My information might not be relevant, sorry i don't have more time ton consider it carefully.