Macro Express Forums

Saving Files And Scheduling On Macroexpress?

cchen921@yahoo.com

I want to be able to schedule a time on when I want a macro to execute. You see, I have 5 mpg files I want to convert to Xvid. Each file takes about 1 hour 10 minutes to convert, so I want the macro to do something every 1 hour 10 minutes, and at the same time save files with different names, for example 01, 02, 03.AVI. Any hints? THANKS!!!

There is a schedule option for macro activation. If you have already written the macro, open it to the Scripting Editor. Above the list of commands are five tabs. Click on the tab named Properties. On the right side of the window are the activation options for the Macro, click on the Schedule option and then click on the Set Schedule button to set the activation schedule. If you are creating the macro, you can select Schedule as the activation type by clicking on the Schedule radio button on the Add Macro window. If you click on the Other option under Run Macro, you can set the macro to run every 1 hour and 10 minutes, or whatever increment you wish.

Thanks, that was really helpful. Here's a more complicated step: I have 5 different mpg files, that means each time the macro runs, it has to select a different file for the 5 times it is going to run. Then after each time it selects the file, it will do it's routine route which is no problem, however at the end of the routine, I want the macro to save a file in a different name 5 times. So basically the steps are:

Select file(5 different selections)--->Routine---->Name file (5 different files)

The fact that it has to perform a SLIGHTLY different task is something that throws me off completely. The purpose was to select 5 mpg files, convert, and then name those converted files into AVI files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

If you do not turn off your computer, or run any other macros in between these macros, you can use the Variable Save command to save your information. You can then use the Variable Restore command in the next macro to load and then manipulate the variables for the next macro. If you do turn off your computer or run other macros, you will need to save the information to a file by saving the information to the clipboard and then saving the clipboard info to a text file. You can then use the Variable Set command to load the information in for the next macro. You can then manipulate the variable information for the next macro.