Macro Express Forums

Searching a WEB page for a word

Hi

I wish to display all bank wire transactions, present in my bank account, in a browser window 

Unfortunately, my bank's web site only displays a page length at a time; you have to click a link situated at the bottom of the page in order to display more transactions :

3CT4kek

Therefore, one has to navigate to the end of the list on the current display in order to click on a "next page" link [::after == $0]

This will extend the display, towards the bottom, with an additional page full of bankwire transactions

You must repeat this process until there are no more available transactions to display 

Is it possible to search for the string "next page" using macro commands ?

If so then what will Macro Express provide ? Focus on the searched text (first occurrence found) ?

Or must I control/pilot the browser's own search function ?

regards

yann

Typing <CTRLD>f<CTRLU> works with several browsers to find text on a web page.  With Firefox, the macro must "type" ESC after the find, to exit from find mode.  

I have the same issue with my bank.  I think this macro does what you want.  It starts with a screen showing a few credit card transactions, then repeatedly expands the web page to show a longer list as long as there are more to show.  This works with Firefox, where typing a single-quote can be substituted for typing <CTRLD>a<CTRLU>.  

//  
Delay: 500 milliseconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): 'all transactions<ESC> // get focus on "All Transactions" button and press ENTER
Delay: 900 milliseconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ENTER>
//  
Repeat Start (Repeat 10 times) // Keep selecting "Show More" as long as it appears
  Delay: 900 milliseconds
  Mouse Move: 800, 400 Relative to Screen // Click within screen
  Mouse Left Click
  Delay: 100 milliseconds
  Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <CTRLD>a<CTRLU> // Highlight all and copy screen contents to clipboard
  Macro Run: Kybd_Copy_to_Clipboard_All
  Mouse Move: 800, 400 Relative to Screen // Click within screen again to cancel highlighting
  Mouse Left Click
  If Clipboard Contains "show more" // If "Show More" button exists, activate it, otherwise exit from repeat loop
    Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): 'show more
    Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ESC>
    Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ENTER>
  Else
    Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <CTRLD><HOME><CTRLU> // Go to top
    Delay: 250 milliseconds
    Mouse Move: 800, 510 Relative to Screen // Click within screen to clear remaining highlighting
    Mouse Left Click
    Repeat Exit
  End If
End Repeat
//  
Macro Return
//  

Thanks for sharing your code with me

I am using Edge to extract my data; since I don't use this browser for anything else

Since posting my request I have managed to control Edge's search tool to repeatedly find and click on the "next page" link; so now all the sought transactions are visible on the web page

The remaining issue isn't as easy to figure out

The bank's developpers also 'hid' the details of each transaction : 

3CSGwa4

Thus if I want to include the hidden details with my extraction I will have to click on every "v" symbol on each line 

The "v" symbol however isn't 'selectable'

Once clicked the details become visible

3ExNrH1

I had initially planned to use a repeat routine in order to move the mouse cursor from line to line in order to click on the symbol so as to display the hidden details 

Unfortunately, as you can tell from the screen capture, some transactions have two lines, while others have up to four lines of details

Thus the mouse move is not an option

A bubble appears when hovering over the "v" symbol with the word "Déplier"

3etMiph

This word "Déplier" is searchable via Edge's search tool so I could once again use it to go through each "v" occurence 

The thing is, I don't see how to obtain mouse coordinates of, or even how to set focus on, the result of the Edge 'search' result

Any ideas ?

regards

yann

It can be slow, but I have a couple macros that move the mouse down a column like that, looking for a color change, or (better) for the mouse cursor to change when it gets to a "clickable" location.  Then click the mouse, and repeat.  Usually the mouse can be moved more than one pixel at a time, which speeds things up -- depends on the granularity of the screen.  For your situation, it probably would be faster to move upwards from the bottom of the column, so the mouse wouldn't have to move downward over all that expanded detail space that opens up below each line.  If testing whether the mouse cursor has changed, the movement can't be too fast, or the mouse will move on before the cursor has time to change. 

Thanks again for your reply

The routine which can detect a mouse cursor change when a new clickable "zone" is detected could do the trick since they are all in the same column

I will have to determine the maximum number of pixels by which to move so as to avoid running up the list too fast or too slow

regards

yann