Macro Express Forums

Viewing Macros In 3.5.1.1

jmb4370

Newbee here; installed latest version 3.5.1.1, and downloaded all the sample macros to learn the protocol. The double clicking on the samples from within explorer will run the sample macro, and it says to view them with the scripting editor to see the inner workings, but when I go to load them into ME, the message thays that they are not a valid macro file.

Another item: A simple macro I made works just fine in debug mode one step at a time, but not fully running as when you press F9 key. The issue seems to be the click (or double click) with the mouse curser in an application field. I tried putting delays of all different times and still couldn't get it to work at full speed.

The underlying application is a MS Access based application.

Any suggestions?

Michael

I figured out to import the samples as playable macros! It probably should make it clearer in the dialog boxes that is how to import them!

I still can't fiqure what I'm missing when the macro runs fine in debug mode one step at a time, but not at full speed. I've put delays in, but I don't want to wait indefinately between steps.

Any suggestions?

Michael

Hello jmb4370!

There is also a sample.mex library file in the Macro Express home folder that contains other macros that you can look at. A mex file is a library of individual files. An mxe file is just an individual macro that can be imported to, or exported from, a library. Macros are nothing more than text files.

As to your other problem, post the macro that you are having trouble with to the forum so others can look at it and maybe see the problem.

If I disable the Repeat Promt Start command, the macro works in the underlying app. It seem that with the Promt enabled, the box comes up over the underlying app, ask for "How many times would you like to repeat?", as expected. After answering the question and pressing Enter, the underlying app window is no longer the primary focus, so the macro doesn't continue in the app. How do I get focus back to the underlying app, adding the specific window title doesn't seem to help.

(I'm not sure how to include the macro, so I'll just type it.)

-Repeat Prompt Start

-Move Mouse Window 416, 494

-Mouse Left Button Double Click

-Text Type <Page Down>

-Repeat End

Thanks!

Michael

To set focus to a specific window use the "Activate Window" command. This command needs the name of the Window title as a parameter. You can type this directly into the command if the window title does not change.

Activate Window: "Window title here"

On the other hand, if the window tile varies, you could use the 'Variable Set String from [topmost] Program Name' prior to the 'Repeat Prompt Start' command and then put the variable in the 'Activate Window' command.

Variable Set String %T1% from Program Name
Activate Window: "%T1%"