Macro Express Forums

Ctrl Shift Down Not Working For Me :(

RedCorvus

I know this must be a real n00b question but I just cant get this to work.

I need the ctrl key AND the shift key to stay pressed and then the ` key to be used.

I have tried...

<TEXTTYPE:<CTRLD><SHIFTD>`>

but it does not work :(

Also, the enter key is not working. <enter> does not activate the enter key.

So how does one get this to work?

I need the ctrl key and the shift key to stay down as the macro hits the ` key

then i need to type some simple text and then hit the enter key. The text is the only thing working for me.

Thanks!

EDIT:

(Keyboard Info)

System Information report written at: 03/08/2006 12:16:54 AM

[Keyboard]

Item Value

Description Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Name Enhanced (101- or 102-key)

Layout 00000409

PNP Device ID ACPI\PNP0303\3&13C0B0C5&0

NumberOfFunctionKeys 12

Have you tried this:

Text Type: <CTRLD><SHIFTD>`<CTRLU><SHIFTU>
Text Type: some simple text
Text Type: <ENTER>

It is possible that the Enter key function is not working because the Control or Shift keys are still down. However, that does not explain why the simple text comes out okay.

What keyboard layout do you have defined for Windows? Some Windows keyboards perform a 'deadkey' action where you type a character (such as `) and nothing happens until the next key is pressed. If the next key is one that can be combined with the ` into an accented character, then it is. For example, if you type ` followed by e you would see è. If you have this 'deadkey' feature turned on in Windows it may be affecting your macro.

Thanks for the help but that does not work either.

Not sure what keyboard layout I have. All I can see with my keyboard is english, strandard 101/102-key

Just seems like the crtl shift and enter keys are not working within the macro :(

tried...

<TEXTTYPE:<CTRLD><SHIFTD>`<CTRLU><SHIFTU>simple text<ENTER>>

and

<Text Type: <CTRLD><SHIFTD>`<CTRLU><SHIFTU>>

<Text Type: some simple text>

<Text Type: <ENTER>>

just cant seem to understand why this is not working, its such a simple script to boot LoL

Aldo when I type `e I get `e not the symble above the letter.

Could it be a timing issue? Just to make sure you might want to try this:

Text Type: <CTRLD><SHIFTD>`<CTRLU><SHIFTU>
Delay 1 Second
Text Type: some simple text
Delay 1 Second
Text Type: <ENTER>
Delay 1 Second

What is the application you are using that requires Ctrl-Shift-` ?

<CTRLD><DELAY:1><SHIFTD><DELAY:1><TEXTTYPE:`><DELAY:1><CTRLU><DELAY:1><SHIFTU><DELAY:1><TEXTTYPE:text><DELAY:1><TEXTTYPE:<ENTER>><DELAY:1>

Still does not work... I cant figure out why a macro program would have this much trouble using 4 simple key stroke commands, or am I doing something wrong in the script?

crtl and shift key must be down as the ` key is pressed once, then some simple text and then lastly the enter key has to be used.

I have been trying different ways of doing this but the only thing that is working so far is the text being typed... what do I have to do in order to make crtl, shift and enter to respond?

thanks for the help btw

12 hours later... still cant get this to work.

And to anwser your questions that I missed earlyer...

the combination of crtl+shift+` opens up a console prompt, then I need to type one word and then hit enter.

So the CTRL SHIFT ` need to be pressed down at the same time for the command line to open up, then I enter the single word and hit enter.... thats it, I just want to be able to do this a few 100 times as I am doing something else.

Now if you will excuse me... I have a keyboard to kick around the room :P

12 hours later... still cant get this to work.

And to anwser your questions that I missed earlyer...

the combination of crtl+shift+` opens up a console prompt, then I need to type one word and then hit enter.

So the CTRL SHIFT `  need to be pressed down at the same time for the command line to open up, then I enter the single word and hit enter.... thats it, I just want to be able to do this a few 100 times as I am doing something else.

Now if you will excuse me... I have a keyboard to kick around the room  :P

This is not the Win xp command prompt right? I don't recall such a shortcut for Win xp.

Anyway, if you're using a 3rd party terminal prog, it might have hooked itself after Macex. You could try the Tool->Restore Keyboard Hooks command by right-clicking on the Macex icon.

from the helpfile:

Restore Keyboard Hooks

It is possible for other programs which are run after Macro Express to improperly install themselves into the system wide Windows keyboard hooks. This causes Macro Express to no longer be able to monitor keystrokes. This option will reinstall the Windows keyboard hooks used by Macro Express so that Macro Express will have the first look at the keystrokes and will be able to monitor the keystrokes again.