Macro Express Forums

Cycling Endlessly

InsiderSource

Hello Experts!

I'm have difficulties figuring out the "Repeat" command.

Right now, I'm using it to copy and paste each of my newsfeeds to notepad. It works perfectly, however, I don't know how to stop it from cycling endlessly.

I can't define the number of times it should run because every day there's a different amount of articles that come through the newsfeeds. Any suggestions?

I tried using the "Repeat Until" command and I made the T1 value = 0. That didn't work. Although I don't really understand this function at all.

I hope the experts out there can help me out here. I would really appreciate any feedback. :)

If you can determine when you need to stop, you can use a Break command to stop the repeat. Something like this:

Repeat Start (Repeat 10 times)
 // Do your stuff here

If Variable %N1% = 0
   Break
 End If
Repeat End

You should also be able to use the Repeat Until command doing something like this:

Variable Set String %T1% ""
Repeat Until %T1% = "DONE"

// Do your stuff here
 If Variable %N1% = 0
   Variable Set String %T1% "DONE"
 End If
Repeat End

Both of these examples depend on you adding code to set N1 to 0 when you want the repeat loop to end. You could use other integer or string variables as well. Just detect the case where there are no more newsfeeds and set a variable. Then check the value of that variable similar to what is shown above.