Macro Express Forums

Tabbing To Links In Web Pages

Don_Shepherd

Hi folks. I'm a newbie, just started using ME and can't seem to figure out how to send tabs to my browser and have it recognize them so it can hit <ENTER> on the link I want. The macro opened the web page (and waited for load) successfully, but then nothing else happened. What should have happened was 13 <TAB>s and an <ENTER> via the type text command.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Don Shepherd

Don -

Any ideas? Thanks.

It could be that you need to slow Macro Express down a little. Add a Delay command of 1 or 2 seconds after the web page command.

To slowdown the keyboard, add a Keystroke Speed command of, say, 50 ms prior to the section containing the TABs. This will force a 50 ms pause between each keystroke.

Macro Express can outrun applications so you will need to experiment with delays to get the right flavor for your environment.

Thanks, Joe.

Yeah, I finally figured that out after reading your book! Excellent book, by the way.

Years ago I used a macro system, I think it was called Automate. When you needed to send 13 tabs, you could do it like this: <TAB 13>. It would be nice if they could add that feature to a future release.

Don Shepherd

Louisville, KY