Macro Express Forums

Navigating Webpages with Surfingkeys or Vimium C, not a bad match for Macro Express.

Lately, to navigate webpages I have been using surfingkeys. There is also Vimium C  which is similar. It is an extension for Chrome browsers and maybe others too. The extension is for surfing the web without the mouse using mostly the keyboard. One feature is when you press "f" it marks all the links visible with a letter or letters. Then you can press that letter or letters on the keyboard and just like that you will have clicked on the link. Not only does it do links, but input fields or boxes as well. It has many other features too, which I have not used. So far for me, I like it and it seems to work pretty well with Macro Express. 

One con about it, the letters aren't attached to the page. You have to scroll if needed first then press "f". The amount of scroll would have to be the same each time so you end up with the same letter for the link each time. It only assigns letters to the visible links, the links further down the page aren't assigned a letter. So that would be the reason to scroll down the page first .

I've only been using surfingkeys for a short time, but so far I don't miss the control f  and tabbing to position. It does have some drawbacks but overall not bad.

• Cartwheels changed the title to Navigating Webpages with Surfingkeys or Vimium C, not a bad match for Macro Express.