Macro Express Forums

Macro Mysterically Runs Twice

amilaskowski217

Hey there,

Maybe you guys can help me... I've had this problem using Macro Express while scheduling a macro to run. On a given macro, when it runs for a couple seconds, it will run again. Example, I have a shortcut to run an access macro, on some macros, it runs once, as its supposed to, but for others (set up the same way), it will run again, canceling out the data it gathered and worked with in the first attempt in my database.

Can anyone help me?

Ami

Thanks

I came here today for the first time looking for this same answer. I have been using ME for a couple of years now, and this is the first time I've tried using it to automate some of my Access tasks. I created an Access Macro and saved a shortcut to it in a folder. Then I used ME to create a Launch Program command to execute the macro shortcut. The same thing happened to me. My query would start, and then maybe one minute later, the same Access DB would open and the same query would start, as if the Launch Program command was being executed twice.

Anyway, I found the below helpful istruction from Paul on this forum, and I've since re-configured the way my Launch Program command opens the Access Macro. When I set it up as indicated in the below link, I don't have the problem with it launching twice.

http://pgmacros.invisionzone.com/index.php...3&hl=access

Thank you!

I had a little trouble there figuring out how to do it, but with a little trial and error, I figured it out. I looked at a startup shortcut I have on my desktop, and viewed its properties to conclude that quotes are needed before and after the file path.

Title: Access

Program Path/Name: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE10\MSACCESS.EXE

Program Parameters: "V:\Ami-Archive\REPORTS\Monthly Reports.mdb" /x Run Monthly Reports

Thank you for the guidance, direction and quick reply!

Ami