Macro Express Forums

Short key within a macro script

ag3n7

I have a macro script, basically an email template I use and input values dependant upon a situation.

I also have a short macro script for 30+ individuals names including their email addy's, telephone number etc. Each have their own short key, i.e, Winston Churchill's shortkey would be ##wc and it would type out "Winston Churchill (wchurchill@history.ca)(123-456-7890)"

In my email macro script, is there a way that I can type in ##wc when the email macro script is running? I tried to input ##wc at a specific location but it won't run since I am running the email macro first.

Hope this question makes sense.

If not, please let me know to clarify further.

I love ME!

Macro Express 3 does not allow more than one macro to run at the same time.

Can you break up your email macro into two part? The first part would go up until the individual information needs to be entered. Then you would type your shortkey. And then finish by launching a macro to complete the email?

Or maybe you could do everything except the individual information and then do it last via a shortkey.

Thanks Kevin. Those are great ideas and I especially like you last line. I will experiment. Too bad no pop up would work either.

Thanks again.

Macro Express 3 does not allow more than one macro to run at the same time.

Can you break up your email macro into two part? The first part would go up until the individual information needs to be entered. Then you would type your shortkey. And then finish by launching a macro to complete the email?

Or maybe you could do everything except the individual information and then do it last via a shortkey.