Macro Express Forums

Scheduling Issues

Hi I'm trying to run a macro that start automatically at 13:00 and then repeats until 10am the following morning. The macro takes 27 mins to run.

I have set-up and "Other" schedule to start at 13:00 13/01/09 and end at 10:00 13/01/10 with a repeat of every 30 minutes. The problem is that the macro doesn't start automatically, and if I start it manually it doesn't repeat. I have left the default setting of 10secs for checking scheduled macro's and other macro's do seem to work, what's going on?

Hi I'm trying to run a macro that start automatically at 13:00 and then repeats until 10am the following morning. The macro takes 27 mins to run.

I have set-up and "Other" schedule to start at 13:00 13/01/09 and end at 10:00 13/01/10 with a repeat of every 30 minutes. The problem is that the macro doesn't start automatically, and if I start it manually it doesn't repeat. I have left the default setting of 10secs for checking scheduled macro's and other macro's do seem to work, what's going on?

That's an interesting problem.

I just built a simple test macro:

Text Box Display: hi

Delay 50 Seconds

This macro was set to run at a specific time and to run every 1 minute. I wanted to find out if the 1 minute started when the macro started

or when the macro ended. My results were consistently neither.

The macro, idealy, was taking 50 seconds to run. I timed it and it was pretty close to that (about 51 seconds, which is an acceptable dev-

iation considering other tasks and the fact that my computer is sluggish). I then timed how long it took for the macro to run again. It should

have been either 10 seconds (if the 1 minute started at the beginning of the macro) or 60 seconds (if the minute started at the end). It turns

out that the macro ran again at 19.xx seconds on each trial run.

Weird to say the least.

A work-around you might look into, though ideally the scheduling should work, would be to incorporate a Repeat Loop that encompasses

the entire macro. If you want the macro to run over and over and over for 21 hours straight and the macro takes 27 minutes to run, we

calculate how many minutes are in 21hours (1260) and then divide that by 27 to get 46.666. So you would want to set your Repeat com-

mand to repeat about 46 times.