Macro Express Forums

Reopen menu shows entire pathname, making macro names unseeable

margaret

I just upgraded from 3.7d to 3.8 recently. I'm noticing that now the Reopen menu item on the File menu shows the entire pathname, so I can't actually see the macro names, which renders that menu item useless. I haven't been able to find anywhere that I could change this. The program looks for files in the appropriate directories, so it doesn't seem to have to do with that setting. Since Macro Express appears to default to My Documents unless you tell it otherwise, the entire pathname doesn't seem like a good idea in that the path to My Documents is always something like "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents", so the file name will often if not always end up invisible. I used to use the Reopen menu a lot and it's very helpful when you are dealing with a lot of files with similar names. Am I missing somewhere that the path can be set as an option so that the entire pathname won't show up?

Welcome to the club. This first manifested with MEPro (why couldn't the code for ME3 have been used?). ME3 used to truncate the path so that the full mex filename was visible. The latest ME3 has gone the way of MEPro so you get to see a few letters of the filename. I've put in a bug report for MEPro. You and everyone else could ditto for ME3.

Welcome to the club. This first manifested with MEPro (why couldn't the code for ME3 have been used?). ME3 used to truncate the path so that the full mex filename was visible. The latest ME3 has gone the way of MEPro so you get to see a few letters of the filename. I've put in a bug report for MEPro. You and everyone else could ditto for ME3.

I don't even get to see any letters of the filename. I'll put in a bug report, thank you.

Although I may jab and jest at some of the bugs, this is one that I rate as unforgivable. I have no idea how these programs could have gone through beta testing without anyone noticing, particularly since it used to be fine in ME3. Within minutes of loading MEPro for the first time, I was swearing liberally every time I wanted to change Macro File.

Although I may jab and jest at some of the bugs, this is one that I rate as unforgivable. I have no idea how these programs could have gone through beta testing without anyone noticing, particularly since it used to be fine in ME3. Within minutes of loading MEPro for the first time, I was swearing liberally every time I wanted to change Macro File.

Well, obviously, they should have had you doing beta testing! :)