Macro Express Forums

Unable To Use 2 Different Keys To Execute Macro

Crimson

Hello I'm new to ME but I have a pretty good feel of it already, I have created several scripts but I can't execute any macros using hotkeys <right shift> or <right control>. I have a 104 keyboard and I'm unable to remap these 2 keys to get around this problem. <left shift> (normal shift) and <left ctrl> (normal ctrl) work fine to excute the macros but I wish to use the keys on the right side. I have tried several different ways to go about this including recording (to test), but while recording ME never records <right shift> and/or <right control> keys. In conclusion ME isn't detecting <right shift> or <right ctrl>. If I could some how reverse the left keys to the right keys, so that ME would recognize these other 2 keys, then I wouldn't have this problem, so for the time being I am unable to locate any option or setting that would allow me to do this. Any thoughts???

Welcome!

Macro Express sees no difference between the left and right Shift or Ctrl keys on you keyboard. If, for example, you have a macro set to fire when entering Ctrl+Shift+Q it does not matter which side of the keyboard you use. Remapping your keyboard is not the answer. Something else must be wrong.