Macro Express Forums

MexHookx64.dll is hooking SmartGit. Can this be avoided?

Longtime user of Macro Express.  Currently using Macro Express Pro 6, version 6.4.0.1, the latest.

My SmartGit crashes after having been up for a while.  Reporting this bug to Syntevo produced this analysis by their developer:

According to the dump, the only piece of 3rd party code in SmartGit is:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\Macro Express Pro 6\mexhookx64.dll

They recently fixed a "crash in the Menu Builder"
        https://www.macros.com/revisionhistory6/

This sounds super suspicious, as you might understand, now that we're looking for 3rd party code that destroys SmartGit's menu.

I don't need Macro Express to run any macros involving SmartGit.  Is there a way to prevent Macro Express from planting its hooks in smartgit.exe?

I verified using SysInternals' Process Explorer that when Macro Express is NOT running and I start SmartGit, there is no MexHookx64.dll in the running process.  When Macro Express IS running and I start SmartGit, I do see MexHookx64.dll in the running process.  How do I know that?  Process Explorer can show all the DLLs in a running process in the Lower Pane View.  I'm sure your developers are very familiar with Process Explorer.

I need Macro Express to keep its hooks out of the SmartGit.exe program.  How can I control that?

Thanks!

Rich