Macro Express Forums

Is This Possible? - Fire Fox, Executing Macro's..

camarosource

I am wondering IF this is at all possible, and if so, HOW?

With FIREFOX Browser open with multiple TABS open in it, I want to run a macro that will run in all the tabs at the same time.

Macro Playback Speed: Normal Speed
//  
Delay 150 Milliseconds
Mouse Left Button Down
Mouse Left Button Up
Delay 500 Milliseconds
Text Type: <CONTROL>f
Delay 1 Seconds
Text Type: <ALT>n
Text Type: [I'll enter the text in here]
Delay 1 Seconds
Text Type: <ENTER>
Delay 296 Milliseconds
Text Type: <ESC>
Delay 296 Milliseconds
Text Type: <ENTER>
Delay 150 Milliseconds

I would like this command line to run in ALL the tabs that are open in the firefox browser at the SAME TIME. IS THIS POSSIBLE? HOW? thanks

I don't think this is possible. An tab object is like any other object (field, checkbox, drop-down, ...). It is like asking your mouse and keyboard to do work in two different objects, or windows simultaneously.

Is it necessary to run the Firefox stuff in tabs? If not, you can open them in separate windows, which would be easier to manipulate using Macex.

You may also be able to send keyboard commands to multiple windows by using Controls.

You'll need to identify the correct windows and controls first. But if it works, it'll look like you're multi-tasking.

Is it necessary to run the Firefox stuff in tabs? If not, you can open them in separate windows, which would be easier to manipulate using Macex.

You may also be able to send keyboard commands to multiple windows by using Controls.

You'll need to identify the correct windows and controls first. But if it works, it'll look like you're multi-tasking.

How would you send to multiple controls?