Macro Express Forums

Dynamic Array - What am I doing wrong?

So, I swear I've done this before and swear I had this right yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be working. I want to prompt the user to to identify where buttons are on the web page. There will be 10 in a row and rather than identify 10 different variables, I want to use a variable with an array, use a repeat, and then increment the variable array by one each time but it isn't displaying the value of the variable.

Here it is -

<VARIABLE SET INTEGER Option="\x00" Destination="%N[1]%" Value="1"/>
<REPEAT START Start="1" Step="1" Count="10" Save="TRUE" Variable="%ICTypeRepeatCounter%"/>
<WAIT FOR KEY PRESS Key="A" Indefinite="TRUE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="0"/>
<GET MOUSE POSITION Option="\x00" X="%MousePosX[%N[1]%]%" Y="%MousePosY[%N[1]%]%"/>
<MESSAGEBOX Caption="Mouse Coodinates" Message="%MousePosX[%N1]%]%, %MousePosY{%N1]%]%" Icon="0"/>
<VARIABLE MODIFY INTEGER Option="\x00" Destination="%N[1]%" Value1="%N[1]%" Value2="1"/>
<END REPEAT/>
<DELAY Flags="\x02" Time="500"/>
<MOUSE MOVE Option="\x01" X="%MousePosX[%N[1]%]%" Y="%MousePosY[%N[1]%]%" _PROMPT="0x000A"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x02" Time="500"/>
<MOUSE LEFT CLICK/>
I've also attached a screenshot of the macro commands in the editor if that's easier for anyone. Basically when it gets to where it moves the mouse, it goes in the upper-left hand corner. When I do a message box to display what the Mouse Move Coordinates are, it appears as this -
%MousePosX[%N1]%]%, %MousePosX[%N1]%]%
What am I doing wrong? I swear I must just be missing something really simple here.
-Doug

post-20021-0-46193200-1472685081_thumb.png

First off you should put your code in a code block.

You're missing the concept her on the repeat. Delete the first and sixth line. I have no clue what you're doing here. Now when you set the array values for X and Y use the counter variable specified in the repeat command instead of the N variable. EG %MousePosX[%N[1]%]% should be %MousePosX[%ICTypeRepeatCounter%]%.

Later if you want to go though them and click or something you can use the same repeat.

Oh my word, you're so right. I don't know what I was doing either. I knew I just needed a second set of eyes. Ok, going to adjust and see if that will work.

Yep, that worked! Thanks a ton! I think it was late and I was really tired when I was trying to use another unnecessary variable. Thanks for the help!

Edited by gryphon410