Macro Express Forums

User Interface Devices

Ben J

X-keys (http://www.piengineering.com/xkeys/xkdesk.php) makes a programmable keypad but the software that comes with it only allows me to put in Macro's made of keyboard strokes. I want to use it to control features on a workstation to manipulate our PACS (picture archiving and communication software) in Radiology. The macro's I want to make require mouse clicks as well and keyboard strokes, for example, to put an arrow on a Cat Scan I have to right mouse click, down arrow 3 times, right arrow, down arrow, enter,...or I can use the mouse. I'd rather be able to just press one key. I don't want to remap the keyboard, and I'd like to be able to program this input device or another one so that I don't have to constantly look down at the keyboard to find keys.

Thanks a lot for you help, Ben J

makes a programmable keypad but the software that comes with it only allows me to put in Macro's made of keyboard strokes

So you could program the keypad to do something like Win+Alt+Ctrl+D and then create a macro in Macro Express that runs when Win+Alt+Ctrl+D is pressed. The key on the X-keys keypad could then accomplish anything you need.

• 2 weeks later...