Macro Express Forums

Is There Any Way To Unlock A Locked Workstation?

oicqcx

I've developed a lot scheduled Macro with M.E., I need them to run at a certain time, they are powerfull for me. But, to run these macros, I have to let my workstation unlocked with security risk.

As I kown, M.E. cannot unlock a locked wordstation itself because Windows block the key stroke: CTRL+ALT+DEL. I have to find a third party software or a script, vb or anything else. But for a long time surf on google, but nothing useful found.

If anyone kown any way to unlock the workstation, please DO tell, many thx

I do this every night in order to run some database stuff that doesn't work if the workstation is locked. The effect is that, for 6 minutes, my machine is unlocked; once the database stuff has finished, my machine hibernates with full protection.

1) Download the shutdown utility from this site and unzip it to, say, C:\Utilities:

http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/shutdown/shutdown.htm

2) Write a macro called, say, RebootOn, containing these commands:

Variable Set String %T1% "1"

Write Registry String: "AutoAdminLogon"

(Variable T1

Path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon)

Variable Set String %T2% xxx

(xxx is your login password)

Write Registry String: "DefaultPassword"

(Variable T2

Path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultPassword)

Program Launch: "shutdown.exe"

(Path/Name C:\Utilities\Shutdown.exe

Run Normal

Parameters -s reboot -f -l 1)

3) Schedule this macro to run at, say, 20:00

(use the windows scheduler, e.g.

"C:\Program Files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /ARebootOn)

4) Write a macro called, say, RebootOff, containing these commands:

Read Registry String: "AutoAdminLogon"

(Variable T1

Path/Name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon

If Variable %T1% = "0"

Macro Return

End If

Variable Set String %T1% "0"

Write Registry String: "AutoAdminLogon"

(Variable T1

Path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AutoAdminLogon)

Delete Registry Value: "DefaultPassword"

(Path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\DefaultPassword)

5) Schedule this macro to run at, say, 20:06

(use the windows scheduler, e.g.

"C:\Program Files\Macro Express3\MeProc.exe" /ARebootOff)

Between 20:00 and 20:06 you run your macros:

- as one or more scheduled macros

- or as a startup macro which runs only if AutoAdminLogon = "1"

- your final macro could run RebootOff, if you're unsure how much time your macros need to run

Thanks very much for your advice :lol:

But, I do not want my computer to reboot, all that I want is: unlock->do stuff->lock.

You give me a hint, that is, the shutdown utility can automaticly logon the computer very time it rebooted, the utility, or some other one, should be able to logon the computer without a reboot action, but how?

The whole point of the Shutdown utility is to be able to force a shutdown (or hibernate, suspend, etc.) on a locked workstation. If, instead, it logged you back in to the locked computer, then that would be a complete bypass of the security in Windows! That isn't the purpose of Shutdown.

I have found the following URL which may work for you. In any case, it's an interesting read - I certainly learnt quite a lot from it.

http://www.codeproject.com/system/RemoteUnlock.asp