Macro Express Forums

Need help with breaking on keypress

emos

Ok this is what Ive been trying to do, and it seems simple but I cant solve my problem.

Here goes:

Whenever I press the 4 key the macro should

1) Hit Enter type "Hi" and Hit enter again.

2) If within 30 seconds I dont hit the 4 key again it should hit Enter type "Bye" and hit enter again. (if I do hit the 4 key before 30 seconds are up it should restart, type "Hi" and wait the 30 seconds to type "Bye" again)

If anyone can figure out how to do this it would be a great help, because when I tried to make this macro what would happen is it would type Hi, then wait 30 seconds but was unable to break and restart if I pressed 4 again.

Ok this is what Ive been trying to do, and it seems simple but I cant solve my problem.

Here goes:

Whenever I press the 4 key the macro should

1) Hit Enter type "Hi" and Hit enter again.

2) If within 30 seconds I dont hit the 4 key again it should hit Enter type "Bye" and hit enter again. (if I do hit the 4 key before 30 seconds are up it should restart, type "Hi" and wait the 30 seconds to type "Bye" again)

If anyone can figure out how to do this it would be a great help, because when I tried to make this macro what would happen is it would type Hi, then wait 30 seconds but was unable to break and restart if I pressed 4 again.

I took a quick look at this: At first I thought it could be done within a repeat- but the problem is there is a "Wait for keypress" but no "If keypress".

So the only way I could think of for this to work is to put it in an argument. Simply setting up a "wait for keypress" and then setting it for 30 seconds results in an Macro abort, when what you need for this is a Break or Macro Return.

It would be fantastic if the Wait controls were further developed to add this capability!