Macro Express Forums

Assigning macros to Access buttons

divotking

We are implementing a new database system to monitor and do our work. What I was asked to do was write some macros that would make this database more useful and easier to manage. What I want to do is use a button on the Access queue. What happens is different accounts are circulated through to manage the work. I want to to put several buttons on these pages that have a macro attached to them so that when clicked on they would run. My hope would be that I can assign some sort of executable macro to these buttons in Access? I unfortunately don't know how to do this. Any help or suggestions would be excellent. Thanks.

My company is looking into something very similar to this. We are planning on making buttons in Access that use VBA to launch ME macros. It's still in the planning stages so I can't really say how effective it is.

Just search the manual for 'vba' and you can find an example of how to launch a macro using VBA.