Macro Express Forums

Network Users and Maintaining Parital list of Common Macros

dwills

I have about 10-15 network users that have ME installed on each of their computers. Some of them have started writing their own macros others couldn't care less.

Further, most of these users are never around all at the same time and they all have windows and screen saver passwords.

I have 15 macros I have written that I want all of them to have and I need to be able to update these 15 all at one time on all machines without disturbing any macros the users might or might not have created.

Is there a way for me to put my 15 macros somewhere on their common server and have ME on the individual wrkstns automatically update/download/install/whatever my 15 macros on some sort of regular basis "without" the individual users having to be involved and without disturbing their own macros?

Is there a way for me to put my 15 macros somewhere on their common server and have ME on the individual wrkstns automatically update/download/install/whatever my 15 macros on some sort of regular basis "without" the individual users having to be involved and without disturbing their own macros?

You could write a macro that runs periodically, checks if a new version of the 15 macros is available, and imports them. This macro would require automating the Macro Express editor itself but similar things have been done by others.

Note that importing macros does not replace existing macros. Your updater macro will need to delete the existing macros before importing the updated macros.

We are working on an update to Macro Express that will make this work better.