Macro Express Forums

Easy way to run macro number of times

buckley

Hello,

I am just starting the explore the power of Macro Express and I think that there are many possible answers to the question I am asking.

I have a few macros that I run from time to time and when I do they have to be run 5 to 10 times, each time differently.

I would expect to right click on the macro and say "Run x times" in addition to the the currently present "Run macro now"

Is the best may to introduce a repeat, so do a little programming?

Regards, Tom

Hello,

I am just starting the explore the power of Macro Express and I think that there are many possible answers to the question I am asking.

I have a few macros that I run from time to time and when I do they have to be run 5 to 10 times, each time differently.

I would expect to right click on the macro and say "Run x times" in addition to the the currently present "Run macro now"

Is the best may to introduce a repeat, so do a little programming?

Regards, Tom

Tom,

You can simply use a Repeat command, with your macro called within the Repeat loop. Here's an example.

This is the command structure of a macro called Macro repeated:

// Run a macro mutiple times
Repeat Prompt Start (Prompt for repeat count at macro play time)
 Macro Run: Tom
Repeat End
Macro Return

And here is the actual code, which you can paste into an empty Direct Editor box if you want to create the macro yourself.

<REM2:Run a macro mutiple times><REP3:02:Center:Center:0001:0:00:><MACRUN2:Tom><ENDREP><MRETURN>

Run it with whatever activation you want.

For completness, here is the macro called Tom that I used:

// This is whatever macro you want to repeat
Text Box Display: Message
Delay 100 Milliseconds
Macro Return

And its code:

<REM2:This is whatever macro you want to repeat><TBOX4:T:4:CenterCenter000278000200:000:MessageThis text message has been opened by your repetitive macro. Instead of this command you would insert your own.

Press Enter or cllick OK to close this message.><MSD:100><MRETURN>

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Hey Terry,

What a fantastic idea... I had never considered putting a Macro Run command inside a Repeat Loop before. I generally

do the Macro Run and put the repeats inside the macro I'm running, but this is a different perspective that could have

immense benefits (such as when I want to call the same macro from another source that doesn't need to be repeated...).

I'm not sure I have any macros that would benefit from that right now, but it's definitely something I'm going to consider.

And this is why I hang out in the forum.