Macro Express Forums

Repetitive Save

Amerifax-Bob

In Excel I am doing a repetitive open and save operation. I have 3 different folder with about 100 files in each. I am opening each in Excel and then doing a save as. I am looking for a way to have the mouse return to the last position I was at and go down one. So that I can work through the directory.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

In Excel I am doing a repetitive open and save operation. I have 3 different folder with about 100 files in each. I am opening each in Excel and then doing a save as. I am looking for a way to have the mouse return to the last position I was at and go down one. So that I can work through the directory.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

Oh, I responded to your other post before seeing this one. My response to the original post is still valid, but I don't think it is exactly

what you would be looking for. What you will want to do is keep track of exactly what you do manually, and try to build the macro

to do exactly what you do.

Using Keyboard shortcuts is actually a very efficient way to make a macro work quickly and accurately (example Alt+F to open the file

drop-down menu and then O to bring up the file open window). Navigating to the appropriate file could be a little trickier, depending on

your computer's speed, various settings, the last item saved/opened, etc.

Macro Express does have the ability to store the mouse position, and then return the mouse to that position. A single mouse click followed

by an Arrow Down command and Enter would then open the next file in sequence.

An Incrementing %N% variable could help by making sure that on successive repeats, the "Arrow Down" command would go down 2 times,

then 3 etc. until the macro has finished the task.

Being creative, studying the Help files and reverse-engineering the sample macros that came with Macro Express will really help open up

worlds of possibilities with Macro Express. If you have very specific needs, or just can't figure out how to do something that you think

would really help, then we are all happy to lend a hand. We just need a little more specific detail about what you have so far, and what

you need the macro to do for you.

Copy and paste your Direct Editor code between [ code ] and [ /code ] tags (without the spaces) to let us see how the macro looks, giving

us an idea of what you're trying to do. This way we can help without having to re-do what you have already done.