Macro Express Forums

Clicking on words in internet explorer/firefox

tocmo0nlord

Can MEv3 scan a window in internet explorer, find a specific word that is already given and click on it ?

The process is as follows -

1) go to search box, search for last name only

2) find name on search results click on specific one

3) copy specific data such as employee or not

4) if employee do this, if not employee do a diff task

can this be achieved? Thank you!

Can MEv3 scan a window in internet explorer, find a specific word that is already given and click on it ?

The process is as follows -

1) go to search box, search for last name only

2) find name on search results click on specific one

3) copy specific data such as employee or not

4) if employee do this, if not employee do a diff task

can this be achieved? Thank you!

I think it would be great if there were a way to find the coordinates of text on a screen, but as far as I know, there is no way to do that with Macro Express (3 or Pro). If there is a third party software that could do that (or if ME can do it somehow), then ME would merely need to move mouse to that location and click.

It's a matter of figuring out how to locate the coordinate of specific text.

I think it would be great if there were a way to find the coordinates of text on a screen, but as far as I know, there is no way to do that with Macro Express (3 or Pro). If there is a third party software that could do that (or if ME can do it somehow), then ME would merely need to move mouse to that location and click.

It's a matter of figuring out how to locate the coordinate of specific text.

How about doing something with tab-navigation and 'move mouse to cursor position' and then grab the mouse pos...

How about doing something with tab-navigation and 'move mouse to cursor position' and then grab the mouse pos...

Tab-navigation is fine for text-boxes... and if you're lucky you could just use a Mouse-click on Control command. But this won't work for finding the coordinates of a highlighted word in a chunk of text (higlighted thanks to a Find or Search function).

Though I suppose if the text is a hyper-link, then you could tab to it... but I don't see how that could be combined with a Find/Search function.

Also, does tabbing to a hyper-link place the cursor there? I've never considered that, but if so it could open some interesting avenues.

Also, does tabbing to a hyper-link place the cursor there? I've never considered that, but if so it could open some interesting avenues.

It does, anything that is bouncded by the ------ box is 'cursor position' when tabbing, this includes things within programs that you can tab through that way, it was quite a blessing to discover this...

though I see now why you don't think that would work here for the highlighting stuff. :)

It may be possible to somehow use pixel detection in loops to scan the lines of the page for the highlight color, mark the starts and ends of the highlighting and then drag the mouse from one position to another, however this would only work if the highlighted text was all on the same screen and you didn't have to scroll. (or would be 100x more complex if that's the case)