Macro Express Forums

run something from notepad

charitydc

I hope I am saying this right. I am a chat host and have to always be talking with never to have a so called dead chat. So I sing in chat and do jokes and trivia etc.

I am looking for a way to lets say...

If I copy lets say the whole lyrics to a song into notepad... (which would be a saved designated file for this) How would I merge that with macro express to post into my chat 1 line at a time with some sort of delay between lines with out having to put them in there and it will run it that way once i push my hotkey?

I know how to do that in macro express itself but am looking to make it easier without having to put in the delays and all that everytime I copy something to note pad.

I hope atleast half of that made sense. :lol:

Simply put,

Save your song to a text file and run something like

Text File Begin Process Songs.txt

Text Type: %T1%

Text File End Process

this will process each line of the text file and return it one by one to %T1% and type it out in text

If you want you can set a delay, too,

Delay .5 seconds

Text File End Process

You could also add a menu,

Variable set integer %N1% from prompt

Delay %N1% seconds (might have to use an integer here instead, or a string)

Text File End Process

And further menus to choose the files, etc... have fun :)

Also there's an option in text file begin process where you can set the line that it starts at to an integer... you could have a menu that lets you choose a song, then sets this integer to the begining point of that song (line number in the file), then processes so many lines (however long the song is).

That way you only have to add the song to a text file, count the lines and add it to the menu to have a whole new song to play.

You could even use IF statements to detect the starts and finishes, set that variable from a menu, scan for it, and end processing when you find the end... just by adding a breaker between the songs.

Fun times!

WOW!!! B) Thanks sooo much Rand!! I will give this a try here soon and report back if I have any problems or further questions.

Simply put,

Save your song to a text file and run something like

Text File End Process

this will process each line of the text file and return it one by one to %T1% and type it out in text

If you want you can set a delay, too,

Delay .5 seconds

Text File End Process

You could also add a menu,

Variable set integer %N1% from prompt

Delay %N1% seconds (might have to use an integer here instead, or a string)

Text File End Process

And further menus to choose the files, etc... have fun :)

Also there's an option in text file begin process where you can set the line that it starts at to an integer... you could have a menu that lets you choose a song, then sets this integer to the begining point of that song (line number in the file), then processes so many lines (however long the song is).

That way you only have to add the song to a text file, count the lines and add it to the menu to have a whole new song to play.

You could even use IF statements to detect the starts and finishes, set that variable from a menu, scan for it, and end processing when you find the end... just by adding a breaker between the songs.

Fun times!