Macro Express Forums

Random Window Title

patgenn123

Hello.

I am writing a macro for a database, but at times a popup comes up that I want to minimize so it does not interrupt the macro. However, this popup is totally random and unpredictable.

How do I set up the macro so when the macro is running, it can minimize the popup at ANY time during the macro?

BTW, the popup title is always the same. That never changes so it can be always detected in the same way.

Pat

Hello.

I am writing a macro for a database, but at times a popup comes up that I want to minimize so it does not interrupt the macro. However, this popup is totally random and unpredictable.

How do I set up the macro so when the macro is running, it can minimize the popup at ANY time during the macro?

BTW, the popup title is always the same. That never changes so it can be always detected in the same way.

Pat

There are 2 ways that i can think. With ME3 you can just have it check after every action to see if its there. to keep your code short just do:

IF window title on top

run macro"popup closer"

end IF

then write a macro that will close that pop up

or in ME PRO

you can run macros at the same time, so you can just make a macro that activates when that window activates.