Macro Express Forums

how to make macro recognize window name

sunilvedula

Hi All,

I have given the command to activated a window lotusnotes. the problem i am facing is the before the lotus notes there can be anything like sunil, taylor, obamam anything.. But irrespective of the name that exists if lotus notes is there and the window open i want the macro to open that window. Is it possible?

<IFOTH:04:2:lotusnotes><ACTIVATE2:lotusnotes><ENDIF>

If Window Title "lotusnotes" is running

Activate Window: "lotusnotes"

End If

On the IF command, choose the option Partial Match for the window title, not Exact Match. The Activate Window command always uses Partial Match.

yeah i have done that and it wasnt working. Yesterday we had lotus notes upgrading and now it is working fine. Just a quick question. Is it possible to pause a macro whenever the user wants while it is running. I see that user can resume pause a macro which is a system given macro. But is it possible to pause whenever the user wants.

• 1 month later...
<IFOTH:04:2:lotusnotes><ACTIVATE2:lotusnotes><ENDIF>

If Window Title "lotusnotes" is running

Activate Window: "lotusnotes"

End If

On the IF command, choose the option Partial Match for the window title, not Exact Match. The Activate Window command always uses Partial Match.

Greetings Rberg, et al;

Has anyone had a problem opening the wrong (unintended) window with MEP? As you say, activate window uses a partial match. So, if I have a macro that massages Winamp (for example) that's called "Winamp Fixer" (or whatever - but contains "Winamp"), and I also have Winamp running, and I want to activate a Winamp (application) window, I might just as likely (it seems) activate the running macro itself! So I have give some other odd name to my macro - sans "Winamp" in the name. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a more "absolute" way to reference the application window. Note: In the case of Winamp, the full (or even partial) name of the Window may be different - depending on the last stream (file) it played.

Rephrased another way, using Rberg's example, if the name of my macro was "lotusnotes detector" (or something) and lotusnotes was running,, doing an "activate window" from the "lotusnotes detector" macro is as likely (it seems) to open the MEP macro as the actual (intended) application.

Any ideas?

Advance Thanks!

I'm coming into the thread without too much reading of it. Have you tried using Controls? Each Winamp window is different. I only have the player and editor but Controls work fine to focus the window.

Get Control (of the relevant window)

Set Focus

I'm assuming you mean Activate and not Open. You use both in the first para.