Macro Express Forums

Verification Macro

MrBiggz

I'm hoping someone can help with an issue I'm having, not sure if it's possible but I would like to think it is. I haven't started the macro yet as I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

The two elements of the macro are entering information into a web page (intranet) that displays some information and then to take that information and verify it against a spreadsheet. If the information is found in the spreadsheet, the macro will display a message saying "verified", and if it does not find the information in the spreadsheet, it displays a message that says "Not Verified". Does anyone have experience doing something like this or know how to begin to do this? Ideally I'd like to keep the spreadsheet hidden, but that doesn't work, so keeping it minimized would be the next best option as it's doing the lookup/query in the spreadsheet.

Hopefully I've helped explain this clearly enough for everyone.

Thanks again in advance for any help given! :)

• 6 months later...

If you're entering information on the website you have to type it in. could you not see and copy what you just typed then use "ME" to process the information from the clipboard. Not all owners of Excel have Access. But if you have Access would that not be a better solution.

If you have not resolved your issue I would like to help. If you have resolved your issue would you be interested to bringing this topic to a conclusion by sharing with us all your solution.