Macro Express Forums

Using Macro Express Pro with TradeStation

Looking for insight on how to get Macro Express Pro to work with TradeStation. I am unable to get TradeStation (either version 8.8 or 9.0) to work. Keystrokes, mouse actions, and other commands are not processed while inside a Trade Station window.

If anyone has any MEP macros that are sucessfully on TradeStation, I would appreciate examples, or any insights on how you get it working. I am running Windows 7.

Thanks,

mdi

Does TradeStation run as an administrator? Some programs, for compatibility reasons, run as an administrator on Windows 7. Macro Express Pro cannot send keystrokes or mouse clicks to a program running as administrator unless it too is running as an administrator.

I'm having exactly the same issue. I went in and changed all the compatibilities of all ME programs (MacExp, MacEdit, MeProc, restart_macexp) to Run As Administrator. Now, if I start a Capture in any mode (in particular, No Activation; With or Without "Only Capture Mouse Clicks", Tradestation will report an error and lock up when I hover over it, click on it, whatever. In addition, ME will record all moves, mouse clicks etc. both before and after I'm over the TS window. Very strange. I've disabled all macros within TS. Still no luck. Any other things to try?? Many thanks.

It sounds like TradeStation is blocking access to the Windows hooks. The Hooks allow other programs, like Macro Express, to send keystrokes and mouse events. Some companies block the hooks to prevent malware activities. But they do not discriminate and also block useful and valid programs like Macro Express Pro.