Macro Express Forums

Forrest not reliable in WIN 7 Tray

It´s pretty obvious that it´s a good thing to know if a macro is running or not. Since i use WIN 7 64 i have troubles seeing forrest in the tray. WIN 7 tends not to display forrest. You can change this in the Trayinfo-Settings but you have to do it over and over again. At least after every restart.

Even worse. Sometimes even changing the settings does not help as two forrests are listed there (second one for another macro) and you only made forrest number one visible. I use MEX Pro 4.2.1.1

I read some posts here regarding forrest but could not find an answer. Sorry if i overlooked it.

Thank You

Alex

Unfortunately, the only way reliably to see Forrest any time a macro is running is to force W7 to display all icons all the time. While this may be a bug in Macro Express (God knows there far too many of these in ME Pro, few of which seem to get fixed these days), I believe it's more likely to be a problem in W7. My tray currently has 17 icons on display, which isn't so bad considering I have 3 monitors.

Thanks Paul,

i did that and my taskbar became ...well... half a tray! ;-)

Do you know if you still can kill macros by rightclicking forrest. That worked in MEX but last time i tried it in MEX Pro i could not even kill the mexpro.exe process and had to restart the pc with the powerswitch which i hate.

Thank You

Alex

i did that and my taskbar became ...well... half a tray! ;-)

Redwards' suggestion about making the taskbar taller is a good one, and what I've done too.

Do you know if you still can kill macros by rightclicking forrest. That worked in MEX but last time i tried it in MEX Pro i could not even kill the mexpro.exe process and had to restart the pc with the powerswitch which i hate.

This does work most of the time - occasionally Forrest remains and I then close and restart ME to get rid of it.

Thanks to everybody.

For me its most important to see if a macro is already running. No problem if my applicationbuttons in the taskbar are smaller now. I already use double height for the taskbar. For switching tasks i use the vistaswitcher anyway.

Thank You

Alex