Macro Express Forums

New To Macros And Have A Question

taishar

I want to send a text command every few seconds to a program running in the background while I'm doing something else.

Is that possible to do with this program ? The best I've managed to do is make it only send the commands when that window is active. (the macro like pauses when I'm in a different window).

Thanks,

Dan

Looks like you got forgotten or the experts went fishin' for the weekend. Generally speaking you can only type into the topmost window. I suppose with some applications there may be a way of getting the text in in other ways but it's unlikely.

I can only think of a crude way of telling if you have the busy cursor. Let's say at a point +5, +5 pixels from the true cursor position the colours are different for the normal and busy cursors,

In a repeat loop:

Get mouse position

(System) Get pixel colour at mouse position +5, +5

Check colour, busy or normal colour

With the standard mouse you could pick a white point close to the actual mouse position that is still within the busy cursor and use

if not white = busy

I did not try or detail code. Someone has to have a better way!

I want to send a text command every few seconds to a program running in the background while I'm doing something else.
The only way to do this is using the Windows Control commands. This will work if the program you are dealing with has defined the input field as a Windows Control.

There is a sample macro that demonstrates sending information to a program in the background using Windows Controls. Open the samples.mex file that is installed in the folder where the Macro Express program is installed and look at the macro titled Calc ulator and Note pad.

I'd also like to be able to have ME wait until there is no longer a busy cursor before continuing with a set of actions. Can it detect things like this?
Try the Wait for Mouse Cursor: Arrow or its complement

Wait for Not Mouse Cursor: Hour Glass.