Macro Express Forums

Wait till website is fully loaded

Hello,

First question

i use the command <WEB SITE URL="https://axy Wait="TRUE" Default_Browser="TRUE" NoEmbeddedVars="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x000C"/> but i have to put a wait command after this command to enter a text. Why doesnt it work - wait until website is loaded?

Secon question

As a workaround i created a variable for the time to wait after loading a website this command does not work 

<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="%HWBDSpeedinteger%"/> it seems the system freezes the variable has the value 12. if i use the the value it works.

<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="12"/>

Any idea?

Thank you

Martin

Read some of the posts here. This is a common problem. Web pages are more complex than you realize. "Loading" usually entails several events. When the HTTP Request is received the web browser renders the page. Then it is done and loaded and MEP stops waiting. But most pages these days contain many scripts that go and download more content and do more things after the initial load. There's no way for MEP to predict what the active content will do. Many people have created ways of detecting the completion of all the scripts and there are many examples here in the forum. Please take a look at them and see if any will work for you. BTW waiting a prescribed period of time doesn't always work either. 

• 1 month later...

I do a lot of this sort of thing and if it becomes a problem for you, let me know. I have some ways of extending macro express pros capabilities in this department. Send me a PM if you're interested with an explanation of what you're doing and I'll see if any of my tricks might work for you.