Macro Express Forums

Email Log

cyberchief

Under Email preferences... there is an option to keep a log. Is their a way to change the root directory of where this log is stored? I would rather keep this log on a server that is able to be accessed by other machines with ME. Also, is there some way to extract the log information into a readable text file or excel file? If you open this file up directly, it is not in a very freindly format.

You can change the log file location by clicking on Options|Preferences and selecting File Paths. All you need to do is change the E-Mail Out Log. I would highly discourage multiple users using the same file as there is no file locking to prevent two users from writing to the file at the same time causing garbled text to be saved.

The log file is a standard text file that can be viewed in any program that supports text files.

Is their a way to change the root directory of where this log is stored?
Click Options, Preferences, File Paths and change the filename and path for E-Mail Out Log.

The log file is in a binary format that would be difficult for a macro to read.