Macro Express Forums

Working With And More Windows!

Cracker

Hello, i'm using macro about a week, very good macros :)

So i have a question, can macro express work with 2 and more windows? and without taking mouse control. For example in one window it types some text and move mouse, in other same, in other same....(at 1 time !) And without controling a mouse. So i can run those macro with mouse feature, but my mouse will be free, so i can do other things when macro is running, i saw that in some other macro:)

Thanks <_<

For example in one window it types some text and move mouse, in other same, in other same....(at 1 time !)
To do this, these windows would need to be active during text type.

So i can run those macro with mouse feature, but my mouse will be free, so i can do other things when macro is running
I'm not sure what other things you could do without causing your windows that ME is interacting with to loose the focus.

As far as I know, you can only have one active window.

Normally Windows does not accept keystrokes and mouse clicks in anything but the active window. But, you can write a macro using Window Controls that send keystrokes and mouse clicks to a specific Control. This may even work on a application that is minimized or hidden.

There are limitations, however. A control can be a button, an input field or a form. The application you are automating, not Macro Express, determines what is and what is not a control. How the application is written also determines whether or not a control will accept mouse clicks or keystrokes. It is also up to the application whether or not it responds when the application is minimized or hidden.

There is a tutorial in the Macro Express help that discusses Window Controls.