Macro Express Forums

Properties Tab Question

patgenn123

I've noticed, and maybe I'm overlooking the answer, that the properties tab will only allow an "OR" situation to trigger the macro.

For example, if Windows title and mouse click are checked to perform an action, the macro is triggered if one or the other happens. Why can't the macro be triggered when two things happen at the same time or both situations are satisfied?

Using the example above, I would like the macro to trigger ONLY IF I am on a certain window title AND I click on a certain area in the active Window title.

Is it something I am overlooking or I am thinking of this correctly?

If so, can this be added on to the next version? I am sure it's only a simple dropdown (and/or) that can be added to the properties tab.

Thank you,

-P

Using the example above, I would like the macro to trigger ONLY IF I am on a certain window title AND I click on a certain area in the active Window title.

For the 'specific window' example you would want to use Scoping -- which in essence does create a both-or-none requirement.

(i.e. macro only will run if such-n-such window is active, otherwise the triger is ignored) -steve

I've noticed, and maybe I'm overlooking the answer, that the properties tab will only allow an "OR" situation to trigger the macro.

For example, if Windows title and mouse click are checked to perform an action, the macro is triggered if one or the other happens. Why can't the macro be triggered when two things happen at the same time or both situations are satisfied?

Is it something I am overlooking or I am thinking of this correctly?

If so, can this be added on to the next version? I am sure it's only a simple dropdown (and/or) that can be added to the properties tab.

Thank you,

-P

I like the previous example, and it works well assuming the application you mentioned is open when you start the macro. However, sometimes you start in one application, and the macro opens another application to get information, etc, and then the application gets closed. If this is the case, I have another solution for you to get around limiation using variables.

I dont have access to ME on this machine, but my code would look something like the following:

If window title is active..

Set T10 to "True"

End if

If Mouse click condition = true

If T10 = "True"

<do something here>

End if

End If

Also, if the macro required both conditions to be true before moving on, you could wrap a repeat command around them. (ie: Repeat until T11 = "done". Then in the "<do something>" area, when both conditions have been met, set T11 to "done". Note: above the repeat, you would want to set T11 to something else.... ie: T11 = "undone".

Hope this helps!