Macro Express Forums

Swithing windows to/from Outlook

MEnewb1143

Here's what I'm trying to do.. Reply to an email, new window pops up. The 'title' will always be different since it's the subject of the email. Copy a piece of that email, switch to another program, run a command with that copied piece. Switch back to the reply and paste some text.

I've got everything down but switch back to a window that changes it's name all the time. I can't put in a command to switch to "window X" since the name will be different. Here's what I've come up with. First, save the window name as a variable, do the other stuff, then use that variable for a window name to switch back to. Problem is, how? :)

Here's what I'm trying to do.. Reply to an email, new window pops up. The 'title' will always be different since it's the subject of the email. Copy a piece of that email, switch to another program, run a command with that copied piece. Switch back to the reply and paste some text.

I've got everything down but switch back to a window that changes it's name all the time. I can't put in a command to switch to "window X" since the name will be different. Here's what I've come up with. First, save the window name as a variable, do the other stuff, then use that variable for a window name to switch back to. Problem is, how? :)

You are right on what to do. Here is how:

// When you have the reply window open, set the variable to the Window Title
Variable Set String %T1% from Window Title
// Do other stuff with your macro
// When you're done with the other stuff, recall the Variable you set to the window title
Activate Window: "%T1%"

Here is the Direct Editor Script

<REM2:When you have the reply window open, set the variable to the Window Title><TVAR2:01:06:><REM2:Do other stuff with your macro><REM2:When you're done with the other stuff, recall the Variable you set to the window title><ACTIVATE2:%T1%>