Macro Express Forums

Cannot use minus sign in Shortkey

In ME3 I activate macros with shortkeys like p-l, p8-1, s-mm, etc. But in ME Pro when I try to enter the minus sign when assigning a shortkey it is ignored. No character is entered.

Yet those old ME3 macros do work in ME Pro, i.e. I can activate them with ##s-mm etc.

---------

A little later I discovered that I can fix this by removing the minus sign from the list of 'punctuation characters'. But Help says these only apply to Suffix shortkeys, not Prefixes which I'm using. And I do not have 'Use Punctuation Chars' checked anyway. So something seems wrong.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

In ME3 I activate macros with shortkeys like p-l, p8-1, s-mm, etc. But in ME Pro when I try to enter the minus sign when assigning a shortkey it is ignored. No character is entered.

Yet those old ME3 macros do work in ME Pro, i.e. I can activate them with ##s-mm etc.

---------

A little later I discovered that I can fix this by removing the minus sign from the list of 'punctuation characters'. But Help says these only apply to Suffix shortkeys, not Prefixes which I'm using. And I do not have 'Use Punctuation Chars' checked anyway. So something seems wrong.

--

Hi Terry,

I had a similar experience with the same solution.

Under Help I found this:

Punctuation Characters

The Suffix activation method allows the use of punctuation characters to trigger the macro. The Preferences image above displays the default list of punctuation characters that can be used to activate a shortkey macro. Punctuation characters may be added or removed from this list

Which is indeed confusing. Maybe the fact that those characters aren't being allowed in the shortkey is a bug?

Hi Terry,

I had a similar experience with the same solution.

Under Help I found this:

Which is indeed confusing. Maybe the fact that those characters aren't being allowed in the shortkey is a bug?

Thanks Steve. I expect Kevin or Stan will look at this and let us know what's up.

--