Macro Express Forums

Debug - Variable Values

Good morning,

I am looking for an option in MEP that will show the current value of the variables when a macro is aborted. This function was in the Scripting Editor 'Debug-Debug Windows-Variable Values' in ME3.

I have only had MEP for a couple of days so I am still exploring. It does run much faster and I could have used the 'Go To' function about 3 months ago.

Thanks, Marte

At the bottom of your scripting editor there's a tab for debugging variables. Essentially it's the same thing. But beware that we have found a bug where the variable values are not updating in some cases. However it should be fixed in the next release.

At the bottom of your scripting editor there's a tab for debugging variables. Essentially it's the same thing. But beware that we have found a bug where the variable values are not updating in some cases. However it should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks Cory, I had inadvertantly covered it up when I 'drug' the bottom of the scripting area down to enlarge it. Thanks for the heads up on the bug.

Marte

• 5 months later...

I'm using version 4.0.2.1 and notice that not all variables show in the "Variable Values (Debugger)" window.

I use several integer variables from the legacy array N[], but when I hit a breakpoint, the only category of variables shown is "Text". No integers (nor environment variables, for that matter).