Macro Express Forums

Virtual Machine

This is a question for Joe and any others that have been using VM software with MEP. I have long considered testing out VM software with MEP but never gotten around to it. I saw in Joe's case study that he is using VMs and I would like to know about how it works with MEP. Are there better VM software apps? What are you using, VMWare, Virtual PS, or other? Are there any pitfalls or limitation?

I would like to know about how it works with MEP. Are there any pitfalls or limitation?

There are zero problems . MX Pro as well as MX 3 work beautifully with VMware. There are no pitfalls. There are no limitations.

Are there better VM software apps? What are you using...

I don't know if there are better ones or not. I have been using VMware for years.

As to the case study; I am using ESXi from VMware. It is a free bare-metal operating system for servers and is the ONLY way to go if you are going to have a server with different virtual machines running on it. The HP ML370 G5 server has ESXi running 24 virtual machines simultaneously. And each of them are running MX Pro for this and that and everything else.

That's good to know. At also I want to get into VM because I need to be able to have different environments for development. In fact I think I'll do just that for my hospital client. They insist everything be XP, IE6, and 1024X768... But they could definitely benefit from VM.