Macro Express Forums

Prnt Scrn hotkey?

I can't seem to find "Prnt Scrn" as an available hotkey in the list. Is that an omission or by-design?

I'd have thought the latter - when I press Prt Scr I want it to do what it says on the label! ;)

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 3 weeks later...
I'd have thought the latter - when I press Prt Scr I want it to do what it says on the label! ;)

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I can see the argument, but I'd also like to map Ctrl-PrntScrn and Alt-PrntScrn to other things. And if one chose not to map the "Prnt Scrn" button at all, it would still perform whatever default function the OS had for it.

3rd party utilities that make use of the Prnt Scrn button (I use the free Gadwin Printscreen utility) allow the user to map combinations of Prnt Scrn to do various things. I'd just prefer to do the mapping and manage the third party app via MEP.

I don't think it is possible to map the Print Screen key to a Macro Express macro, but you can do the opposite: Choose another hotkey to simulate pressing Print Screen or Alt + Print Screen.

Yeah, that's what I've done so far. I use Win+P to invoke Gadwin Printscreen to shoot a copy to the clipboard and Win+Ctrl+P to shoot a copy to a file.

But those hotkeys are not as intuitive as "Prnt Scrn" and Ctrl+"Prnt Scrn".

• 1 year later...

Since it has been a wile, I thought I'd bump this topic and see if there were any further thoughts.

Since upgrading the Win7, I now found that the OS claims ownership of the Win-P and Ctrl-Win-P (swell).

So while I'm now thinking about other intuitive keystrokes to use for printing the screen, I stumbled across my old thread and thought I'd see if there were any current thoughts on supports remapping of the PrtSc key(s) in MEP.