Macro Express Forums

How to stop MEX from activating macros itself?

I have a simple problem, which actually doesn´t occur for weeks.

I have a macro with a global hotkey ALT + A. I also have a programmspecific macro which have this one line: "TEXT TYPE (simulate Keystrokes) ALT + A".

Sometimes, but only sometimes the Global macro gets triggered by the programspecific. How do i prevent this?

I tried Lock Player as first command in both macros but it doesn´t work. I thought Lock Player as first command in the global macro would do the trick as it says wait for running macros to stop. But it certainly does not wait!

I tried dis-, enabling the global macro within the programspecific macro. But that is not an option as those dis- enabling commands are one of the slowest macros availabe. It´s like a 5 sec pause each. Then i´m faster doing it without the macro. )-:

Thank you

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

If this is something that occurs infrequently, I would leave it alone. It shouldn't happen.

But if it does occur, the first thing I would do is recreate both macros from scratch; or copy the code into two new macros, delete the old ones, and then assign activations to the two new macros.

Alternatively, get rid of your application-specific macro, and modify the global macro:

If Window = XYZ (and/or) Program = XYZ (and/or) Control = XYZ

; Application specific...

Do something application specific

Else

; Global...

Do something globally...

End if

If this is something that occurs infrequently, I would leave it alone. It shouldn't happen.

You are saying those macros should normally not interfere, right? Do i need an Lock Player Command and where?

At the moment i have this problem permanently. Coping, Pasting, Creating new macros did not make any difference.

Alexandra