Macro Express Forums

Newbie question re 1-Manual, 2-Clipbd to stringVar

1. Printed copy of Manual. I'm new to MacroExpress 6 (not having used Macro Express for about 6 or 7 years, but I loved it when I used it).

I would like to print out and read a manual.

Is it possible to get a printable manual w/o my going thru the tedious task of printing out each page in the Help file?

Approx 12 clipboard commands appear in the script editor's list of commands, and I had the impression (from trying to read the 4 pages of help) that not all the 12 clipboard commands are explained in the help. (I confess that it's hard for me to read a lot on-screen because of poor vision.)

So...

2. How can I get clipboard text, and assign it to a variable;

and where can I find the information about this in the help (or in a printable manual, if there is one)?

3. How can I paste a text variable into the windows clipboard;

and where can I find the information about this in the help (or in a printable manual, if there is one)?

4. If Macro Express still allows the user to create .mxe files, can the Mxe files accept arguments similar to the way vbscript accepts arguments;

Thanks for any help you can give me.

BarryLight

Large font for your eyes. You could also try the built-in Help. There are chm to html decoders - you could try decompiling the Help file and then read with larger text in a browser. (edit) I tried CHM Decoder which is freeware. Decompiles chm easily, MEPro into 675 files with menu. If you zoom in with your browser, the text is larger but not so sharp.

Which version of ME are you referring to? The current versions are ME Pro 4.1.5.1 and ME 3.8

Variable Set String/Set Value from Clipboard

Variable Modify String/Save to Clipboard

These should be obvious without explanation - take a look at the dialogs. Otherwise Clipboard or Variables in Help.

For copying and pasting you can use Clipboard Copy or Paste or Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

I have not run mxe files inputting from other progs. I'll leave that to others who have. The Pro version can run AutoIt, VBScript, JScript, HTA/HTML scripts using the Macro Control/External Script command.

3. How can I paste a text variable into the windows clipboard; and where can I find the information about this in the help (or in a printable manual, if there is one)?
Variable Modify String > Save to Clipboard. Open the command dialog and press F1.

4. If Macro Express still allows the user to create .mxe files, can the Mxe files accept arguments similar to the way vbscript accepts arguments; and where can I find the information about this in the help (or in a printable manual, if there is one)?
Search the help file for "Command Line Parameters" page and check out the /V parameter. If I remember correctly this works the same with MXEs.

Personally I don't see the usefulness of playable macro files and rarely use them. IOW I've always found a better way. Often newbie users think it's the only way to externally execute macros but they're usually ignorant about MEPROC.exe and the /A command line parameter which is a far better option IMHO.