Macro Express Forums

Why this error message?

I started Calculator and ran this 1-line macro.

Terminate Process: CALC.EXE

But it gives a puzzling Script Error message:

The following error was encountered:

The process could not be terminated

Macro Name: Test Terminate macro

Line Number: 1

Yet Calculator does get closed.

Other programs like Notepad (NOTEPAD.EXE) or Pain (MSPAINT.EX) closed with no message, as did the couple of my own programs that I tried, IrfanView and TextPad. Seems to be something special about Calculator. And maybe other programs I have yet to stumble across.

Anyone able to reproduce and/or suggest an explanation please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Anyone able to reproduce and/or suggest an explanation please?

Do you guys get this error every time? I did about 100 trials. Sometimes the calc was closed 30 times in a row with no error, sometimes the error occured 3 times within 5 trials. I did no calculations in any of the trials, so it has nothing to do with it.

I wonder why there's no error handling designed for this error (in the command window "on error" tab)?

Do you guys get this error every time? I did about 100 trials. Sometimes the calc was closed 30 times in a row with no error, sometimes the error occured 3 times within 5 trials. I did no calculations in any of the trials, so it has nothing to do with it.

I wonder why there's no error handling designed for this error (in the command window "on error" tab)?

I wasn't that patient! I suppose I tried it a dozen or so times, and got the error every time.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK